We celebrated the 50th anniversary of our school on the 2008-09 schoolyear. Let’s search a bit on our history. Long ago,children were taught wherever they could. There were two places in Lakuntza, one for boys and another one for girls. Boys had lessons in a place today we call Biltoki, behind the church. Girls used to have school at the upper floor of the town hall, next to the teachers’ home. In 1952, both, boys and girls, came to this place where we are now but that first building only had a basement, with a hall and a classroom to each side. It did not last too much because there is still a plate on the wall of our school that it was renewed by a 1958 year school-building plan. It was when then added a first floor to school and it started to have the same appearance as nowadays. 20 years later, they made it bigger, adding the part of the street next to the Sports Court. The last renewal came in 2008 summer, when we made all architechtural barriers disappear and we got all the classrooms we needed for these new days. Our ancient name was Luis Fuentes Public School, the same name as the street the building was located. Later, the street turned to be Abarrategi street but the school remained with its name, in honour to the first business man who started up a factory in our village. In the 2017-18 schoolyear the official name changed for the one, nowadays: Lakuntzako Herri Eskola, as we are members of the state schools association in our valley.